Thursday, February 16, 2012
I sometimes feel like I use my seam ripper as much as my sewing machine. LOL One of the blocks I made for the Damask Rose quilt did not look right. There was not enough contrast to see the star pattern.
I ripped the entire block apart and paired that coral print background with another print with equally disastrous results. I finally decided that I just did not like that fabric in this particular quilt. It was a part of the Oasis fabric collection. So, I tossed it out and used some other fabric that paired well. So, yesterday I finished all my blocks. There are 20 blocks that are about 10 inches square. I have started putting on the sashings.
I do love this seam ripper that I bought a few months ago. It is much larger than my old one and has a soft grip handle. I do not remember the brand. I think I picked it up at Walmart.
Posted by Prima Donna at Thursday, February 16, 2012