I looked through my stash of fabrics and chose a beautiful floral fabric. I measured the old lining width and added enough for the ruffle. I measured the circumference of the basket and cut one and a half times as long. I folded over the top for a couple inches for the ruffle and ran 2 rows of gathering stitches about an 1 1/2 inches down. I ran a single gathering row along the lower edge. I gathered the top and bottom to fit the basket and tied off my threads. I had pulled out the old bottom liner and re-padded and covered. I stapled the fabric underneath the bottom piece. I hot glued the ruffled edge to just inside the top edge of the basket. Then, I pulled the lower edges into place and glued down the bottom piece to hold it in place. Here is the end result. It was a very quick and satisfying project. I love the end result.
Going Back in Time
2 hours ago